Why the Lumin U1 Mini
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, we decided to investigate the possibility of making the LUMIN transport technology similarly accessible.
The result is a huge specification in a compact package.
Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area – except price.
Transport-only unit combines the best of LUMIN U1 and LUMIN D2
- Identical processor supports DSD256 and 384khz playback
- Quad native clock system for precision timing
- Low noise shielded switching power supply
- 5 types of digital audio output including USB
- MQA Decoding
- Resamping to every supported format up to DSD128
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
All the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as “the most convenient interface in existence” by Tinman
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
- Up to DSD256 11.2MHz, 1-bit
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE:
- DSD256 (Native DSD or DoP), 11.2MHz, 1-bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1–384kHz, 16–24-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU:
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Raw brushed aluminium or black anodised brushed aluminium
U1 MINI UNIT:
- 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 3kg
- 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg