The LCR, originally conceived as a dedicated center channel, has been refined to the resolving capabilities of a dedicated high sound pressure monitor. Regardless of the number of channels required, its unparalleled polar response will smoothly combine into a seamless presentation. One of a kind crossover design specifically targeting resolution and ambience retrieval under high current conditions extracts maximum performance from our unique cabinet form which can be oriented vertically or horizontally with equivalent polar characteristics. Its unique ceramic/honeycomb woofers deliver an authoritative low frequency response with unsurpassed transient accuracy, carefully blending with the highs for a “true to source” sound reproduction. Proprietary low jitter circuitry clarifies image boundaries to a high resolution standard suitable for professional monitoring where microphone placement and phasing are critical. Whether equipped with our ceramic inverted dome tweeter or the diamond diaphragm unit found in our AVALON TIME and ISIS, the LCR will present a crisp seamless soundstage devoid of stored energy; its rock solid imaging presented with a palpable density through accurate and colorful harmonic structures. Combined with existing AVALON ACOUSTICS designs as a center channel or used as a stand-alone two channel transducer or multi-channel satellite, the LCR will surpass all previous expectations for an open polar response monitor.
- Advanced ultra-light weight ceramic/honeycomb driver diaphragm materials minimize energy storage and time-domain distortion.
- Custom designed ultra-high magnetic flux density drivers for unsurpassed transient speed; each individually tested and matched for optimum performance.
- Smooth, wide polar response without confluence node behavior for superlative multi-channel blending and imaging capabilities.
- Non-reactive, fully damped impedance characteristic allows for ideal interface with any amplifier.
- Crossover circuitry is hard-wired with surface-only conductors, eliminating deleterious sonic effects of printed-circuit boards.
- Proprietary jitter reduction circuitry for unsurpassed image definition and stability.
- Careful crossover control of all magnetic field interaction.
- Proprietary magnetics technology increases energy transfer and reduces noise floor.
- Constrained-mode damping system absorbs cabinet vibrations.
- Unique cabinet form and structure provides equivalent three dimensional polar response in either a vertical or horizontal configuration.
- Minimal rearward wave generation for easy mounting in AV cabinetry without loss of performance.
- Distinctive faceted cabinet design provides optimal polar characteristics.
(1) 1” Inverted Dome Black Diamond Diaphragm Tweeter
(2) 9” Ceramic/Honeycomb Woofers
89 dB @ rated impedance
4 Ohms Nominal
24Hz to 50kHz
Recommended Amplifier Power:
50 to 500 Watts
Two Position Binding Post
10″ (95 cm) High
29″ (74 cm) Wide
14″ (35 cm) Deep
70 pounds (32 kg) each