Locked inside those grooves is the most realistic and natural sound one could ever experience.
The Momentum Phonostage extracts every last bit of music hidden in this microscopic landscape.
Combining the finest possible analog circuitry with the precision of digital control, the Momentum Phonostage offers vinyl lovers unmatched flexibility. Front panel pushbuttons control gain, loading for MC and MM cartridges and record EQ curves. Its AC power supply may be the cleanest ever created for a phono preamp. And it has enough inputs to handle multiple tonearms and even turntables.
Meanwhile, uncompromising parts selection and through-hole construction ensure performance that is the equal of every other Momentum component to bear the name of its designer, Dan D’Agostino.
All analog circuit boards use through-hole construction for maximum audio performance and reliability. Electromagnetic interference is minimized by housing the power supply in a separate enclosure and through the use of a chassis machined from solid aluminum billet. Unlike any mass-market audio product (and most high-end audio products), MLife is built under the close personal supervision of its creator, at Dan D’Agostino Master Audio Systems’ own factory in Arizona.
- Frequency response 20 Hz to 100 kHz, ±1 dB
- Distortion <0.003%, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio -75 dB, standard reference, unweighted
- Gain (±6 dB depending on setting) MC: 70 dB balanced, 70 dB unbalanced at 0 dB setting
- MM: 50 dB balanced, 50 dB unbalanced at 0 dB setting
- Power consumption at standby 25 watts
- Inputs 4 balanced XLR stereo, 4 unbalanced RCA stereo, ground
- Outputs balanced XLR stereo
- Load impedance adjustment options MC: 5, 10, 15, 25, 50, 100, 200, 420, 1200, 47K ohms
- MM: 23K, 25K, 27K, 29K, 31K, 34K, 38K, 42K, 47K, 54K, 63K, 75K, 95K, 126K, 191K, 391K ohms
- Capacitive loading options (MM only) 18.75, 37.5, 56.25, 75, 93.75, 112.5, 131.25, 150, 168.75, 187.5, 206, 225, 243.75, 262.5, 281.25 pF
- Weight 48 lbs / 21.8 kg with base / 31.2 lbs / 14.2 kg shipping weight
- Dimensions (phonostage) 3.5 x 15.5 x 12.75 inches (hwd) / 8.9 x 39.4 x 32.4 cm (hwd)
- Dimensions (power regulator base) 2.5 x 13.5 x 11 inches (hwd) / 6.4 x 34.3 x 27.9 cm (hwd)
- Dimensions (phonostage + base) 7 x 15.5